Millions of people around the world have started using the internet. Some surf the internet on smartphones, others use tablets and computers as well as laptops. If you are a businessman, it is important to have such a website that can help the business to grow at a good speed. In the current time, the website of the business carries a lot of importance. So, you must have heard about responsive web design. With the help of this design, your business can flourish. For the information of a layman, responsive web design means your entire website along with all the webpages can adjust itself as per the device of the user. This brings the best experience to the user whether he is using a laptop, desktop, tablet or a smartphone. In the last few years, responsive website development has attained a lot of importance as well as popularity.
More technical explanation about functioning of the responsive web designing
The responsive website design is also sometimes called RWD design in short. It is not wrong to say that it is a very modern and latest approach. If the website and its pages altogether adjust on all types of devices, it becomes easy for the user to read the entire content. It is this automatic adaption to the screen that changes the whole game and brings a new experience for the user, irrespective of whether he or she is using a laptop, desktop, smartphone or even a sophisticated new-generation television set.
The responsive web design makes use of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). It becomes easy to use the settings and serve various style properties. Everyone who is using your website has a different screen size, there are other factors to consider such as orientation, screen size, color capability as well as other characteristics of the user’s device. There are other examples related with CSS properties that have relationships with responsive design web development. It includes the name of media queries and viewport.
You must ensure that your website is responsive or not
It is easy to check whether the website is responsive or not. You can check the same in your browser. There are few simple steps that can be followed and you can check whether or not the website is responsive or not.
- Just open the Google Chrome
- Open your website
- Press Ctrl + Shift + I and it will take you to Chrome DevTools
- Press Ctrl + Shift + M and it will toggle the device toolbar
- View the pages from tablet, mobile and desktop to collect information from a different perspective
There are various free tools and you can check whether or not your website is responsive or not. In the last few years, responsive web development has attained a lot of importance. You can also take Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test. your business will get great benefits if your website is mobile-friendly. When using a new technology, it is important to learn more about its advantages. The owner of the business must try to understand how the aspect of mobile-friendliness helps the business. Various other design approaches can help the business in the long run.
Why are responsive web designs so popular and how are they helping the business to grow?
The goal of each businessperson is to maximize his or her profit and for that it is very important to grab the attention of the netzens. The responsive web designs are popular because they enable the netizens to use the website in a comfortable manner. If the users are experiencing problems in browsing your website then they will immediately switch to a new website and your business will suffer. On the other hand, responsive website designing helps the business to grow.
The web designers, web developers, user interface designers have to often work extensively if the website is not responsive. If your website is responsive then all the aforementioned people will get some relief. It is not necessary for them to create a new type of website for different types of devices that are currently into existence. With the help of such technology, a business gets a better opportunity to grow. The advertisers, marketers, and business owners find it very easy to manage the business. There are additional benefit as well:
- There is no need for any redirection in the responsive web design whereas in other options the system of redirection sends the user to the appropriate versions. If the website is resolved the user can easily access the content and no time will be wasted in the redirection.
- There is no need to create a different website as per the existing system. The viewers get the best viewing pleasure with the help of such websites. Whether you are browsing the website on a Mac or some Android phone, the website will appear in the same manner.
- The optimal design as per the device – After taking the responsive web design approach, all the HTML elements such as images, fonts get scale properly. Also, the screen size gets maximized.
These days the craze for responsive design websites is going up exponentially. As there is no need for any redirection, the user can easily access the content. Moreover, it also becomes easy for the user to access the content. From the aspect of price, a responsive web design is cost-effective. Instead of managing multiple websites, you can manage just one. In case, any change has to be made, there is no need to take pains.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- What should not be present on the responsive web design?
The web masters must ensure that there are not too many elements on the website. It can create a bad impression. Moreover a cluttered website is very hard to navigate. It takes a long time for the entire website to load. In most of the cases, the user does not collect a very good experience. It is because the website takes time to load. If the website is not loading properly then it could lead to additional problems. Make sure that there are no un-clickable buttons and no unreadable text. If the elements are not properly adjusted then it could lead to different screen sizes. Make sure that website is not overlapping. Everything should appear in a balanced manner.
- When will your website be deemed a good website?
Your website must have mobile optimization. There are many netizens who surf the internet on their mobile phones. The webpage must adjust as per the size of the device. Certain elements must be hidden. Fonts have to be changed and some background images have to be removed. The webmasters have to take care of all such elements. It is important to adjust all the elements. Consult with the technical experts to learn more about CSS media queries, flexible visuals, fluid grids etc.
- Is there any difference between interactive and responsive websites?
- In a responsive web design, most of the focus is on creating such a website that reacts according to the user’s environment. On the other hand, the interactive web design reacts as per the user’s action. In a good website, you will find all design elements. The website is both interactive and responsive. The website must provide a high quality response to all the users. Each user must be happy and satisfied after browsing the website. On what type of device, the user is accessing the website, this aspect should not create any significant difference. Consult with the experts to learn more about the responsive design web page.
- Why is responsive web design so useful in the modern era?
Such a time is now part of the history when people had to access the website only on a desktop computer. Most of the people were using monitors of the standard size, the website designs were not so advanced. Today, the netizen accesses the website from different devices. The size of the screen can vary. A small screen of a smartphone is just a few inches whereas the size of a big desktop set is very big. With the passage of time, the expectations of the netzens has also changed. The netizens want the website to adjust as per their preference. If your website is as per modern standards, your business will benefit. The netzens will become satisfied and happy.
- Will a business suffer if it does not have responsive web design?
There is a very big chance that your business will suffer and you must ensure that the website is as per modern standard. Your business will get a competitive edge. It is important in the current time to have a modern website. A poorly designed website is never recommended by netizens. Most of the online traffic comes from smartphones and tablets. So, your website should be responsive or else your business will suffer extensively. More and more customers purchase products from such websites that are responsive. In the near future, the demand for responsive websites is likely to grow. So, it is necessary to maintain pace with the current time.