Testing is an important part of any application development process. A good developer will test different aspects of the project carefully, study the results, eliminate flaws, optimize the code, and then wrap up the project. When it comes it testing tools, there are dozens of options available today. Many still rely on manual testing, which is effective but has room for human error. At Youth Tech Solutions, we rely more on automation testing and consider the Selenium automation framework a trustworthy tool.
What Is Automation Testing?
Automation testing is the process of utilizing a software tool to conduct a test case suite. Developers can also enter existing test data from previous runs into the software to compare results with current results. This gives us detailed information about the product’s performance during the development cycle, allowing us to catch issues early and address them quickly. The detailed reports can help developers refine their process and avoid more mistakes down the line.
Automation testing doesn’t require any human intervention when it is set in motion. You just need to set up the parameters first and make sure the testing procedure meets your requirements before implementing it. The software will run the test after every development cycle without any further human involvement.
Automation testing requires some investment and planning but once the system is in place, it makes the developer’s life easier. It offers a wide range of benefits that can cut down development costs, time, and errors. The end product is more efficient and has fewer problems when it is in the client’s hands.
Factors We Considered While Choosing The Testing Tool
We choose the Selenium framework after careful consideration. Our experts compared the different options available in the market, looked at their real-life performance, and then chose the right testing software for our operations. We considered different factors while choosing the testing tool to ensure it was effective for our development process. Here’s a look at these factors:
- How easy is it to use and implement the testing software?
- What kind of environmental support does it provide?
- Does it include image testing?
- Can it test a database?
- Does the software support different types of tests like mobile, function, and more?
- Is it easy to debug scripts?
- Does it offer object mapping and object identification?
- Is there environmental support?
- Does the software identify objects in different environments?
These are just some of the many factors we considered during the selection process. Selenium has a well-established presence in the industry and has developed a good reputation. Selenium webdriver Python and Java allow developers to test a wide range of applications without issues. Whether we want to develop mobile applications, social media networks, or business websites, Selenium has proven to be an effective testing tool.
Selenium is a popular automation testing tool. It is open-source and has ample support in the development community. The tool is used to carry out automation testing on different web browsers, ensuring your app is versatile enough to function smoothly on all platforms. The Selenium infrastructure has essentially four different tools; Selenium RC, Selenium Integrated Development Environment, Selenium Grid, and Selenium WebDriver. RC has since been deprecated and Grid/WebDriver have merged. Here’s a look at what these options offer:
- Selenium Grid – Grid allows developers to run tests on multiple environments and machines, so the application is tested on a wide range of browser/OS combinations.
- Selenium WebDriver – WebDriver has several language-specific bindings that run the browsers like they are supposed to be run. Developers can run browser-based regression automation tests on their projects.
- Selenium IDE – IDE can create bug reproduction scripts and provide exploratory tests. It has a Firefox and Chrome add-on to make a developer’s life easier. The add-on will record the most basic interactions between an application and a browser.
The tool is used to carry out comprehensive application testing on platforms like Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and IE. There’s no need to use specialized tools for different browsers, which makes it easier to keep track of all testing.
Benefits of Selenium
Selenium is popular because it offers a wide range of benefits and can help refine an application’s code. Developers can keep track of all aspects of the codding process to ensure the application is sound. Here’s a look at some of the biggest benefits of Selenium:
- There are ample language and framework support from robot framework Selenium. The software provides the library to complement the robot framework.
- Selenium is opensource software, which means there’s a large development community adding to the program’s ecosystem.
- The program provides support across different operating systems like Mac OS, Windows, Linux, and even mobile operating systems.
- Selenium is relatively easy to implement, which means we can add it to our infrastructure quickly and ensure all our employees know how to use it well.
- The platform allows parallel testing and execution so we can get an application to the market quickly.
- The program doesn’t require a lot of hardware resources, which can cut down costs significantly.
- The system gets frequent upgrades and bug fixes so it is always current.
If you want expert development services from experienced professionals, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Youth Tech Solutions. You can speak with our experts, discuss the project parameters with them and decide how to proceed with the development.